Friday, July 26, 2013

Nuclear Family

Here's some behind the scenes stuff from a title we worked on a while ago called Nuclear Family.  It starred Ray Wise at his most villainous.  It was made a year prior to me joining VUGURU and we were trying to breath new life into it with a fresh poster. It had very little key art and with that being said- here's my first attempt.

I know, I know, It looks a little too much like Super 8... but thankfully we then used it as a steeping stone to get to this- 



This one was my favorite.  I would most likely add a few more elements but the general feeling is there.  In this round of edits it was decided to drop the vertical idea all together.  



Here was my next attempt with a regular horizon line.  Just about the same but ultimately it was deemed  it looked too much like a pulp fiction novel. 


This is the final product-  We were able to scrounge some pictures and produce a collage to hint at the apocalyptic world they live in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment